For us, every project is a new challenge and deserves architecture and design of the highest quality. We do not specialise in specific building types or scales. All our projects engage and stimulate us regardless of size or budget.
At HUB we like to ensure that interior-architectural opportunities are not designed out in the early stages of a project. With careful consideration for the final outcome of a project, we seek to fully understand the interior spaces and the users' requirements before we embark on the design of a building's shell and core. Any services, technologies and design accents are understood and brought to the fore in order to inform our delivery of a building's envelope and structural constraints.
In this way HUB can function as the effective centre of a project. Our approach is built upon the input of clients, consultants and end users and our experience has taught us that open collaboration is crucial to the success and delivery of a project. Careful consideration of the social environment, ecology and budget allows us to design and deliver places that are appropriate and adaptable.
HUB has followed this simple ethos since Simon Watkins and Kate Spence established the practice in 2006, we find it works.
- To create buildings and spaces where people want to be
- To shape and realise your dreams
- To analyse and rationalise the constraints
- To investigate and solve problems
- To be open and responsive
- To aid the communication and effective co-operation of all the parties involved with the project
- To keep an open dialogue with the client and keep their goals at the centre of what we do
That each project will involve:
- The dreams and ambitions of the client
- The physical and practical constraints of the building
- The input of everyone involved in the construction process
- Thousands of questions and decisions
We understand that the building we design for you is yours not ours. Your involvement is essential.
At the end of the process we like to think that we have…
- Found solutions
- Added value
- Not missed opportunities
- Communicated effectively
- Behaved in a fair and ethical fashion